Sunday, February 21, 2010

I Heard It's the New "In" Thing


Talk about the most efficient way to network and get a job

Linkedin now makes it easier to find a job and/or get obtain those crucial connections for the real world, not the show.

When reading the articles, Job Hunting with Social Media and How to Change the World: 10 Ways to Use LinkedIn, I found myself questioning about how certain I was to find a good job once I graduate. I was wondering if I wasn't making myself visible to the public enough and being to limited in my job searches.

Both articles made it very clear that the world was changing, technology wise, everyday and that social networking media is a crucial aspect to obtaining networks for the future. We can no longer search for jobs the "old fashioned way" due to the increased intensity of job search due to recent lay offs. Online networking media is the future of job finding.

As much as I am eager to graduate, I am anxious that my job hunt will deem unsuccessful. At least there aids such as Monster.com or LinkedIn that can help you with finding jobs and make those networking connections for life.


That is all for this week. CHANDOO OUT!


Image


3 comments:

  1. I'm not sure if Monster.com, Craigslist, or LinkedIn has more job openings. It may be easier to try all of them for job searching. However, if everyone starts using the Internet to find jobs, it will be just as competitive as those trying to getting jobs off-line today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure if there are still people out there who go job hunting the old-fashion way. And in my opinion, online job hunting is even more competitive than offline. And I feel the same way as you do, I'm graduating in May and I'm not looking forward to the job hunting especially now with layoffs increasing and jobs decreasing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think sites like Monster, LinkedIn and Craigslist need to be used more as something on the side instead of the primary way for looking for a job. As these websites gain popularity there is going to be more traffic on them which is why we can't all be depend on those sites to find us work.

    ReplyDelete